Our history

A history of growth and innovation 

1959

Bespak is founded supplying valves for cosmetics and consumer markets.

1968

Bespak wins contract for Ventolin (GSK) and enters the pharmaceutical market.

1975

Bespak moves to King’s Lynn, where we remain today.

1999

Bespak launches the HFA valve to replace the CFC version.

2004

Aesica is formed following a management buyout, based in Cramlington.

2007

Aesica adds an API pilot plant to Cramlington.

2007

Aesica acquires a second site at Queenborough, complete with international development centre.

2007

The Group becomes Consort Medical plc.

2009

The Group acquires The Medical House, a specialist in auto-injectors.

2010

Bespak manufactures their 500 millionth Diskus® (GSK).

2011

The Group enters the point of care diagnostics market in partnership with Atlas Genetics.

2011

Aesica acquires new sites in Pianezza (Italy), Monheim and Zwickau (Germany).

2013

Aesica invest £30m in Queenborough expansion.

2013

Bespak unveils their Syrina®, Vapoursoft® and Lila® range of innovative injection devices.

2014

Aesica introduce serialisation capabilities at Pianezza and continuous tablet manufacturing at Queenborough.

2014

Bespak launches their first auto-injector (Dr. Reddy’s).

2014

Consort Medical Group acquires Aesica.

2015

Aesica introduce serialisation capabilities at Monheim.

2015

Bespak manufactures their two billionth HFA MDI Valve.

2016

Bespak expand King’s Lynn site, creating Europe’s largest clean room facility.

2017

Bespak complete a major refurbishment programme across King’s Lynn and Cambridge upgrading office and laboratory work environments.